Thursday, January 27, 2011

My little Japan



Irashaimase.
I love Japanese food.  From the sushi, sashimi, ramen and gyozas, more often than not I could eat a lot of it. I was recently invited by my good friend Danelle Palang for lunch at the popular UMU at Dusit Thani in Makati and knew it was going to be a yummy treat. UMU is one of my favorite restaurants in the city.  The famous food haven  boasts of beautiful and spacious interiors, five-star service, privacy  and most importantly a good menu with a wide range of Japanese specialties.  You can come fashionably comfortable because there's no strict dress code (but no slippers please) and its a nice place where one can eat and at the same time relax with friends.  


Lost in space.
Mellow yellow.
Light and Easy.
One of Umu's must-try signature special is their Teppanyaki Lunch Buffet (available from Monday-Friday).  An overflowing assortment of fresh seafoods, vegetables, chicken, pork and prime beef.  You can stuff yourself as much as you want until you get a delightful food coma.  You can always ask for hot tea to aid you in your digestion.  The perfect indulgence for those Japanese foodies out there.
Jap-setting.
Fish without tail.
Veggie delight.
Under the sea.
The lunch turned out to be an entire moment of catching up as usual. With us was up and coming young designer Pablo Cabahug ( Danelle's schoolmate in college) who recently won Most Promising Designer Look of Style Awards By Look Magazine and Phil.Daily Inquirer in cooperation with the British Council Manila. As part of his prize, the designer will be going to Central St. Martins in London this coming April to study a short course in design.  Could barely get up from my chair from the hearty meal. Excused myself for a smoke and when i got to the veranda facing the Japanese Garden (one of the "spots" where smoking is allowed) I was delighted to see schools of Koi.  Call me loonie tooney but the sight gave me a moment to embrace silence. A good insight after a wonderful meal and pleasant time with friends. Looking forward to my next visit to this wonderful place i call my little Japan.
Dusit Thani Senior PR and Events Manager Danelle Palang with Most Promising
Designer Look of Style awards designer Pablo Cabahug.

Koi spotting.
Umu is  open at 1130am-230pm and 530pm-10pm located at the ground floor of Dusit Thani hotel, Makati city.  For reservations  call 238 8888 or email dtmnfb@dusit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment